1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you set up an account with us, or when you process shipments through our website, we collect certain personal information from you. This information includes:
1. your name, address, phone number and email address;
2. credit card information (at time of sign-up);
3. account preferences, including website update information by email;
4. names, titles, business contact information from our corporate and business customer contacts.
This information is collected and used for a number of purposes:
- To establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you and to provide you with products and services. Personal contact and credit card information is required to process your shipments. Account information is retained by us to enable our website to identify you, to allow you to set up and access your account. This information is used only for such purposes and is only retained in transaction records required for billing, internal management and auditing purposes, unless you are informed otherwise or you provide your consent.
- To understand your needs and preferences. We maintain a record of the services you receive from us, and we may ask you for additional information so that we can serve you better.
- To provide you with information you have requested, and to keep you informed with respect to ongoing changes to our website. Your email address will be used to send you occasional announcements regarding our service. You can unsubscribe from such mailings at any time.
- To develop, enhance or provide new products and services. We may from time to time conduct research and/or request input from our visitors to help us improve our website, products and services in an effort to serve you better. We may also conduct contests. Your participation in such surveys and contests is voluntary. However, your name, address, email and telephone number may be required to take advantage of bonuses or other benefits which are available to survey participants, in which case your contact information will only be used for notification and fulfillment purposes.
- To manage and administer our business. The nature of the Internet is such that it passively and automatically collects certain information about a user’s traffic patterns, which may be linked to their Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. These are unique Internet “addresses” assigned to all Web users by their Internet Service Providers (ISP). Server logs record statistical information, such as visitors’ IP addresses, type of operating systems, time and duration of visit, web pages requested, and identify visitors by categories such as domains and browser types. These statistics are only used on an aggregate basis and will not contain any information that could identify you personally.
- To meet legal, regulatory, security and processing requirements (such as in response to a court order), and otherwise as permitted or required by law.
If we intend to use personal information for purposes not identified to you or as set out above, these other purposes will be described to you at the time of collection or before using the information. We will not use your information for any other purpose without your consent.
Users also should be aware that non-personal information and data may be automatically collected through the standard operation of our Internet servers or through the use of “cookies”. Cookies are small text files containing a unique identification number that identifies your browser - but not you - to our servers each time you visit our website. Cookies are not pervasive or invasive programs that enter a user’s system and damage files. They simply tell us which pages of our website are visited and by how many visitors. Cookies cannot, by themselves, disclose the individual identity of any site user, and we never combine information gathered by a cookie with personally identifiable information like your name, telephone number or email address, without your consent.
3. THIRD PARTIES’ ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Customer information is a valuable business asset. If for any NetShip transfers or divests itself of its business assets, our customer information will be transferred as one of those business assets.
NetShip will release customer information to the appropriate law enforcement, governmental or other authorities if legally required to do so. NetShip will also release such information if we feel it is necessary in order to protect our rights or the rights of our customers, affiliates, partners or any other party and for purposes of protection from fraud and credit risk.
4. EXTERNAL LINKS
Federal Express Privacy Code
5. NON-SECURE WEBSITE AREAS
You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information (e.g., user name, email address) on non-secure areas of the NetShip website, that information can be collected and correlated and used by third parties and may result in unsolicited messages from third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of NetShip and you agree that it shall not be held responsible for such activity.
We store personal, credit card and password information relating to a subscriber on our website in a secure manner. We store such information in a manner not accessible to Web browsers, behind firewall and password protection, or offline.
This site has security measures in place (including the use of Secure Socket Layers (“SSL”) encryption technology) to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the personal information under our control. All order forms, credit card and billing information are encrypted and are transmitted via a secure server. Employees, agents and affiliates of NetShip who require access to your personal information in order to fulfill their job or contractual requirements will only have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to fulfill such requirements.
While no computer system is completely secure, we believe the measures we have implemented reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
7. UPDATING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION
If you wish to update your personal information with us, use the “Account” option after logging in to access your account information and make changes online.
8. REMOVING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION
Upon request, NetShip will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally delete the user and his or her personal information from our databases. However, it may be impossible to delete a user's entry without some residual information because of backups and records of deletions. You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request that your account information be deleted from our servers.
9. YOUR CONSENT
10. EMAIL CHOICE/OPT-OUT
If you no longer wish to receive updates or notifications from NetShip, you may do so by simply clicking “unsubscribe” in emails sent to you. You may also do so by sending NetShip an email requesting that you be unsubscribed from its email list (see “Contact Information” section below). We will make commercially reasonable efforts to implement your opt-out requests promptly, but you may still receive communications from us for up to ten (10) business days as we process your request.
11. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY AND PARENTAL CONTROLS
We do not solicit any personal information from children. If you are not 18 or older, you are not authorised to use the Site. Parents should be aware that there are parental control tools available online that can be used to prevent children from submitting information online without parental permission or from accessing material that is harmful to minors.
12. CONTACT INFORMATION
903 Decarie Blvd
Saint-Laurent QC H4L 3M3